Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Name Poll

So, I've had 2 showers now (ha ha, not like real showers, baby showers), and at each one of them we had papers to write name suggestions down on since we haven't picked a name. I thought it would be fun to let you pick your favorite name for us to consider. In going through the suggestions, I noticed that there was serious names and also silly names, so pick your top 3 favorites of each. Some of the funny ones are pretty good.

Serious Names:
Hyrum
Kayden
Jake or Jacob (this was suggested by more than one person - one of them actually named Jacob)
Lane
Ryan
Adam
Samuel
Noah
Tristen
Eric
Derek
Easton
Joseph
Peyton
Royce
Kaden
Devon
Stephen
Braeden
Joshua
Gage
Gunner
Gunther
Logan
Jayden
Gray
Tridger
Rex Allen (the name of a famous guy from here)
Issac
Justin
Noah
Landon
Brandon
Benjamin
Zackery
Thachery
Harrison
Madison
Remington
Roderick
Ammon (the state of being Ammon like)
Spencer
Lawrence
Robert
Dallas

Funny Names: (be sure to get the full laugh by adding Lee on the end)
Boots
Gent
Nabor
Tandom
Kade Cole (KC)
Carl
Earl
Bill
Kyle
Wyatt
Brock O.
Sincere
Abel
Drew
Lee
Kimber (which was one we really liked but...)

Then there was some advice on naming:
*Choose a name that can be used in sports - announced over a load speaker and sounds good when used from the back porch: GET HOME THIS MINUTE!
*Choose names that have some meaning, but avoid names that mean: wild man. Choose one that means "sleeps all night".

Bear in mind, we have some ideas for a name, so don't be offended if we don't choose the one you like. ☺ I can't wait to hear what you think!!

2 comments:

C&KMillerAcres said...

This is probably the first time I've looked at your pregnancy blog. I know, shame on me! My silly suggestions are Sincere, Kyle (bet you can't guess why!) and Brock O. My serious ones are Samuel, Logan, or Joshua, but call him Josh. After reading a couple of your previous posts I'm not going to say 'hang in there' or 'you're almost done' or anything else like that. I still remember it doesn't make you feel any better.

John and Laura said...

Serious- Jakob (with a K) and Noah
Funny- Nabor and Brock O.

I have such a hard time picking names for my kids. Good luck!