Friday, March 27, 2009
What? I Lost 2 Pounds? How Does That Happen?
So, went to the doctor yesterday. I forgot how boring these checkups can be. Besides, my doctors office takes FOREVER to get to you. Why take you back to the exam room if they are going to make you wait for 30 minutes before seeing you? And let me tell you, sitting on that table thing is not so good for a prego woman! And, I had my 3 year old with me and she wasn't too happy about our wait either. It really was a boring appointment though. I was surprised to find that I had lost 2 pounds from my last appointment. Does that really happen to pregnant women? Losing weight?! I asked the doctor just to make sure I was "normal". She said as long as I wasn't throwing up it was okay. So that makes a total of 12 pounds that I've gained... in 8 months! What a completely different pregnancy this has been!! I think with my first I was up to about a 30 or 35 pound weight gain at this point. Other than the weight I asked about things like my group B strep test (not next appointment, but the one after.... I hate pelvic exams...), flying to WA (worrying about blood clots), drinking too much water (I try to drink a gallon or more of water everyday), and made sure the baby seemed to be the right size. Both Bo and I have been concerned that he's measuring small since I'm not that big and not gained that much weight. She laughed and said "Oh yeah, he's fine. He seems to be growing completely normal and healthy. Your weight doesn't always reflect the baby's weight." So, I guess life is okay. She also told me that my glucose and blood tests came back good, so no special diet, yea! I was really scared that I'd have gestational diabetes, I don't know why, I mean I didn't have it with my first, but I just worried. I guess my worrying can go toward worrying if I have Group B Strep... Worrying, it's the life of a pregnant woman! So on to the next appointment... in a week and a half... do they really need to be so close together...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dude wheres the prego pics? I wanna see that big belly!!!haha Love ya and have fun at the Shower!!!
Are you having fun yet?
Remember these are the best of times.
Things could be worse.
Baby poop happens.
There is a possibility that she is a she and you have acquired all those cute boy clothes.
There will be a better day tomorrow.
Be patient in your afflictions.
Have a nice day :)
What other platitudes can I spew to make you feel like you're going to survive the next 2 months?
Wambulance service of NEAZ
Post a Comment