So, many people knew I was going to the doctor today so I thought I should take a quick minute to update. Bo joined me at the doctor today while we left the 3 year old at home with Grandma. The doctor checked me and I'm dilated to a 2 and about 25% effaced. The doctor was hoping for more, although as she commented last week - a 2 is progress... - she scheduled me with the hospital to be induced tomorrow. So hopefully, keep your fingers crossed, we'll have a baby tomorrow! The doctor did comment to me that I should spend the evening walking to maybe help me dilate a bit more, so since my appointment today at 2:00, we've been walking... and walking... AND walking! I hope it helped... We go in early in the morning, and with good cooperation from the baby, I hope to have him here by early afternoon... not that I'm counting my chickens or anything. Anyway, just thought I'd update...
In walking around the mall/stores today I did realize: people stare, a lot!, at pregnant women. Why? Are we that interesting? Or is it just that I'm so big that people are wondering if I'm about to fall to the ground and push out a baby? Anyway, people, stop staring, I'm only pregnant! Then of course there's the comments. We had one lady in the mall tonight ask a whole slew of questions. "When are you due? What are you having? Yadda yadda..." and on and on. But then she made a comment that made me really think, she said "Wow, you are ALL belly!" Is that a compliment? Or an insult? Or just a Captain Obvious statement? I couldn't decide. What do you think?
As for weight, I gained less than a pound this week (with my weight tracking on the side of the blog, I always round to the nearest whole number, but sometimes it's a point-something, so in all actuality it's less than what I track, get it? I know, confusing.). So, since I'm headed to the hospital tomorrow I guess that closes my total weight gain at 22 pounds. That's way better than the 40 I gained with my first, but it's not really that great considering I'm one pound away from my highest weight with my first. My highest with my first was 222 lbs, and I weighed in today at just under 221 lbs. Although, gaining less weight means I technically have less to lose, but then you have to add in the weight I was in need of losing to begin with... Man, I have a lot of work to do. Let's not think about that now... lets just think of happy thoughts that will speed delivery! Keep checking here and on my regular blog for pictures I hope to have them posted rather soon after delivery! Until then...
2 comments:
Yea!! I am so excited!!!!I hope you have him tomorrow!!!
Oh my!! I'm so excited!!!
I don't know what to tell you about the "all belly" comment. I once had a woman in the card section at Wal-Mart tell me, "You're having a girl. That's why your belly is so round." I said, "It's a boy." She looked at me strangely and I looked at her strangely. Then we both walked away.
Pregnancy is always a conversation starter. Know what else is a conversation starter? A NEW BABY!!!
Post a Comment